14 Jun Workplace diversity: Initiative by two school girls to help differently abled people to get employment
In India, societal barriers and prejudice hinder employment opportunities for mentally diverse individuals. Tarini Malhotra and Avni Singh of The Shri Ram School, Gurugram, initiated Project Nishant to uplift the income generation capability, self-esteem, and independence of differently-abled persons.
1. Project Nishant has 15 candidates already onboarded, and 15 more are in the process for the next batch.
2. Two candidates have been hired by Nippon Paint and FICE Education, and others are undergoing the recruitment process.
1. Gaining credibility and appointments.
2. Building connections and being heard.
1. Nippon Paint, Edunet Foundation, Anandkand Paramount Products, and Innoserv Group of Companies are among the organizations supporting the initiative.
2. Scaling Project Nishant to benefit more disabled individuals.
3. Creating an ecosystem of knowledge sharing.
4. Optimizing employability through skilling programs and additional income avenues.