07 Oct Coaching Over Managing: Motivate Your Team
Coaching and managing are distinct but crucial aspects of organizational success. While managing focuses on direction and logistics, coaching inspires and creates a vision. Both functions are essential for achieving desired outcomes. Embrace a coaching culture to inspire and shape your business. Understand when to coach and when to manage, and empower your team to take accountability for their actions and learn from mistakes. Consistent skills training helps individuals and groups improve and grow. Coaching a team may be challenging, but it brings rewarding results.
1. Coaching vs Managing: Coaching inspires the team, while managing provides direction and logistics.
2. Coaching Community: Cultivate a coaching culture with mentors at all levels to inspire and shape the business.
3. Coach and Learn: Understand when to coach and manage, learn from others, and promote equity.
4. Coach Your Team: Encourage accountability and view mistakes as learning opportunities.
5. Consistent Skills Training: Improve employee abilities and address ineffective skills.
6. The Coach Approach: Help individuals break autopilot tendencies and foster growth.