17 Jun 4 Proven HR Practices That Keep HR Relevant
The role of HR professionals has undergone significant transformations in tandem with shifts in the workforce and the economy. Tomorrow’s HR leaders must possess broader thinking capabilities and be tech-savvy to adapt to an agile and dynamic workforce.
To remain relevant, HR departments need to align their strategies and initiatives with underlying HR technologies. Focus on the following essential tactics:
1. Understand the Organization: HR leaders should have a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s goals, values, business objectives, and overall direction, not just limited to the HR department.
2. Embrace HR Technology: Adopt cloud-based HRMS that integrates all HR systems, providing a user-friendly experience for employees and managers, and allowing HR leaders to focus more on strategic business initiatives.
3. Utilize Metrics and Workforce Analytics: HR should use well-defined metrics and workforce analytics to position themselves as strategic business partners, enhancing organizational capabilities and performance.
4. Prioritize Talent Management and Employee Experience: HR’s focus should be on talent acquisition, career management, and creating a positive employee experience to attract and retain top talent.
5. Adapt to the Gig Economy: HR must be prepared to reskill and manage transient workers, gig workers, and remote employees effectively.
By sharing information on talented employees and their potential career paths, implementing succession planning, and keeping key contributors motivated and engaged, HR can ensure a robust talent management system and foster a dynamic and thriving workforce.